Calendar Photo Contest
Have you taken an amazing photograph of an Andalusian horse recently? OR, do you know someone who has? Then we want you to know about the photo contest for IALHA’s 2021 member calendar!
Any and all photographers – professionals, hobbyists, and enthusiasts alike – are invited to submit up to three photos of their choosing that were taken in the last 2 years.
Photographs of all IALHA registered Andalusian horses are eligible: pure bred Spanish, Portuguese (Lusitano), Spanish/Portuguese, and half-bred horses.
Of the images submitted, the publications committee will select 13 that best represent the breed for the 2020 IALHA Calendar. Preference will be given to those that highlight the breed’s beauty and versatility.
The images chosen for the calendar cover and months will not only be featured in the calendar, but also in a variety of other ways during the month selected.
Also, this year the option to preorder calendars will be made available. Order as many copies as you’d like if your photo, or horse are selected for inclusion in the calendar, or if you’d just like to have extra copies to give as gifts.
We hope you will contribute to this annual event that celebrates the magnificent Andalusian and Lusitano. Applications will be accepted through October 1st, 2020. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Here are the rules:
- Any and all photographers are eligible: amateurs, hobbyists and professionals.
- Up to three (3) separate, different entries may be submitted by each photographer.
- The photograph(s) must be of an IALHA registered horse.
- The image(s) should be well representative of the Andalusian – Spanish, Portuguese (Lusitano) or half bred – and its use, beauty, correct confirmation, heritage, versatility, and/or temperament, etc.
- Complete the entry form which includes:
- A brief “name” of the image, as well as the horse’s name, owner, breeder, when and where it was taken.
- Attestation that the photograph(s) submitted is (are) original, unaltered, and was (were) taken by the photographer in the last two years.
- Signature of the agreement giving IALHA permission to use image(s) in whole or part, in the calendar and other publications or advertisements (print and online), IALHA website and Social Media. Photo credit will be given whenever used.
- Along with the entry form, include:
- High resolution digital photo (500 kb or larger) of the photograph(s)
- Entries must be postmarked prior to the OCTOBER 1st 2020 deadline.
- Email to email@example.com
- From the entries, the Publications committee will select recommend 13 selections (one cover and 12 months).
- Preference will be given to those that are felt by the committee to be representative of the Andalusian (Spanish, Lusitano or half bred) horse, and its use, beauty, correct confirmation, heritage, versatility, and/or temperament. The committee’s decisions are binding, final and nonnegotiable.
- The winning works and photographers will be prominently featured on the IALHA’s 2021 calendar, and advertisements, adding up to thousands of marketing opportunities!
- A brief photographer bio of 200 or fewer words, including an image of the photographer will be requested from each photographer when they are notified of having been selected.
Download the Entry Form Here:
The Publications Committee and Board of Directors look forward to the amazing calendar that this contest will create for IALHA members! Thank you!
The IALHA is proud to support the USEF
Visit us on Social Media: