PSL (Puro Sangue Lusitano) Commission Supports Lusitano Owners
IALHA is the official APSL (Associação Portuguesa de Criadores do Cavalo Puro Sangue Lusitano) representative for the Portuguese studbook in North America, assisting, promoting, and submitting Lusitano registries with the APSL. A Commission of volunteers support Lusitano owners all over North America.
- Ask the PSL Commission, and we will help answer questions regarding the APSL registry
- The PSL Commission will submit registrations to Portugal on your behalf.
- We also will assist with Inspections and requests for PSL Inspections.
- IALHA is honored to have the protocol with Portugal and will assist all IALHA members in many ways.
The PSL Inscription & Inspection/Revision Process
- Inscription. Only inscribed horses are eligible for inspection/revision as adults. The inscription process is described in the document, APSL Inscription Process, which can be accessed or downloaded from the link below. The fee is $200 (excluding transfer of ownership fees if applicable) and is payable to the IALHA.
- Inspection/Revision. Inscribed mares age 3 and over and stallions under saddle age 4 and over are eligible for inspection. Horses passing inspection are entered in the APSL studbook as approved breeding stock. Requests for revision/inspection should be sent to the IALHA office along with the payment. The current inspection fee is $400 payable to the IALHA. All horses undergoing revision must be IALHA registered and approved for inspection by the APSL.
2014 PSL Inspection/Revision Tour
If you have a pure Portuguese horse who is qualified for inclusion in the APSL studbook as an approved breeding animal (must have an LN number, be at least three years old if a mare and four years old and under saddle if a stallion), and you are interested in presenting your horse for official inspection, the IALHA’s PSL Commission needs to hear from you as soon as possible.
Please send your inscription documents to PSLCommission@nullialha.org or Smohr2@nullyahoo.com with payment sent to the IALHA registry office in Birmingham. Remember, only inscribed horses are eligible for inspection.
The requirements for a horse to be inspected are as follows:
- IALHA registration
- APSL LN#
- Request for Revision (inspection) and payment.
- Stallion semen report (stallions only).
Items 1-3 must be received (not postmarked) by Tuesday, September 2, 2014. You may either mail or courier forms and copies of registrations along with payment to the IALHA office in Birmingham, or you may email documentation to email@example.com and arrange electronic payment with the IALHA office in Birmingham.
Item 4 may either be sent before the inspection or brought to the inspection but are required before a stallion will be seen by the APSL judge.
No horse will be inspected without all four items being properly submitted.
If you would like your Lusitano inspected this year, please contact Sharon Mohr of the PSL Commission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. The commission will give you contact information for the host facilities as needed.
Revision Tour Schedule Fall 2014
September 27, 2014 – Las Vegas Nevada, AndalusianWorld.com Andalusian World Cup
September 28. 2014 – Sheridan, Oregon, Ciel de Cheval at Dejong Farms
September 30, 2014 – Petaluma, California, Flying Cloud Farm
October 11, 2014 – Lexington, Kentucky Baroque Farms USA
October 12, 2014 – Levan, Utah, Jaz Ranch
October 15, 2014 – Fort Worth, Texas, IALHA National Show