There are so many great reasons to become an IALHA member!
If you’re passionate about Andalusian and Lusitano horses or their crosses, you owe it to yourself to become a member of the International Andalusian and Lusitano Horse Association. You’ll be joining a vibrant and supportive community of horse owners, breeders, trainers, and enthusiasts who share your love for these magnificent breeds.
Aside from being able to connect with others who share your passion for Andalusians and Lusitanos, you will gain access to top breeders, farms, and trainers. There are opportunities to advertise and contribute to the promotion of the breed by marketing your horse, service, farm or business in a unique focused market.
Additionally, by joining the IALHA, you will be supporting the breed and the industry by helping to fund important initiatives and breed promotion efforts. Your membership dues and participation in events help to sustain and grow the industry and ensure that Andalusian and Lusitano horses continue to be valued and celebrated.
Full members (Lifetime, and Full Individual, Business and Partner) are eligible to:
- vote in IALHA elections and other votes.
- run for an office, board of directors or registry board (providing other requirements are met).
All Members receive:
- Steep registration discounts
- E-newsletters, which help members stay in touch with what is happening at IALHA. Sign up here
- Eligibility to:
- compete as rider and/or owner at IALHA sanctioned shows
- compete for A/L USEF awards programs (providing other memberships and requirements are met)
- compete for IALHA-sponsored Adequan/USDF All Breed and A/L breed High Point awards (providing other memberships and requirements are met)
- compete for IALHA-sponsored USAWorking Equitation breed High Point awards (providing other memberships and requirements are met)
- participate in IALHA Awards Programs (providing other requirements are met)
- Eligibility for grants funded by the USEF made available to IALHA Members
- Access to “members only” area of the IALHA website with:
- Members only articles
- Digital Handbook
- Member database
There is an IALHA Membership level for everyone, and in 2021, the membership approved a bylaw change, making membership last 12 months, rather than expiring at the end of the calendar year!
2024 Calendar Photo Contest
May is National Photography Month, making it the perfect occasion to unveil the opening of the IALHA annual Calendar Photo Contest! We cordially invite all photographers, whether professionals, hobbyists, or
A Rising Star
We are thrilled to present a conversation – and what we hope will be just the first of a series – with Summer Star, a remarkable 19-year-old from Tucson, Arizona,
2023 Calendar Cover Story
Read a story about our 2023 calendar cover image as lovely as the image itself.
The 2022 Calendar photo contest is a wrap! Many thanks to all who submitted entries! Your photos were amazing! Thirteen were selected from all of the entries, representing an array